Tofish & Chips - serves 2 -3
Bed & Broccoli Recipe Book by Nikki Medwell.
On sale at www.veganonline.com.au or in store at Everything Vegan - Adelaide.
Memories of Friday night on the lounge room floor watching a special feature film like The Wizard Of Oz, plates scattered around and sauce bottles being handed in front of the TV Screen. Isn't it amazing what memories attach themselves to food?
250 gram block of firm tofu, sliced in half widthways then sliced further into three triangles (or however you wish)
2 Teaspoons kelp powder
2 Teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 Teaspoon paprika
2 Teaspoons salt
Splash of olive oil
1 1/2 cups flour
Oil for frying
1. Marinate tofu for a few hours.
2. Whisk plain flour and beer together.
3. Heat oil (medium to high) in a shallow frypan.
4. Quickly and lavishly cover tofu with batter and place in heated oil. Turn over when golden, crispy and heated through.
5. Drain on paper towel before serving.
6. Serve with chips, onions rings (use residual batter) and tartare sauce.