Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Soup is fantastic when it's chilly out. Bonus points go towards this meal because it is so easy to prepare, make and store for later.
- 1 large Butternut Pumpkin, cubed
- 1 Litre of water
- 1/2 tspn of cumin powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chunk of ginger, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tspn of curry paste (suit to taste)
- 1 can of Coconut Cream
- Parsley to garnish
1. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger in a large pot with a bit of coconut oil or butter.
2. When the onion has begun to soften add the cumin and curry paste and mix the ingredients together.
3. Add the water and pumpkin. Cook until the pumpkin is soft and add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Once the pumpkin has softened add the coconut cream. Then blend the contents a few cups at a time and transfer to a large bowl or other container.
5. Once everything has been blended you can again add a bit more salt or pepper to taste.
6. Add parsley to garnish once served.